**Position has been filled**
Date Posted: 2/1/2018
Anticipated Start Date: 2/19/2018
Compensation: Salary plus benefits (depending on experience)
RED is seeking a talented and creative individual to join their management team as an Assistant Floor Manager & Social Media Coordinator. RED is a fast paced, casual fine dining restaurant located in downtown Madison specializing in sushi. RED’s social media has grown vastly since our move to 316 W. Washington Ave. in 2016. This position is perfect for an individual who has a passion for the service industry and is looking to be hands on and creative in a restaurant setting. Social Media will be the focus of this position.
Job responsibilities of the Assistant Floor Manager & Social Media Coordinator follow in two parts:
Floor Management – Being an active and positive presence on the floor 2-3 shifts per week. Floor managers are responsible for:
- Upholding and enforcing all of RED’s protocol and policies at all times.
- Being a positive, kind, and genuinely hospitable energy among staff and guests.
- Overseeing and managing servers, hosts, and front of house staff to ensure a smooth service.
- Having the knowledge of what each position provides during service, understanding responsibilities of each position, and acting as a stand in for anyone who needs assistance on the floor.
- Working alongside kitchen and bar managers to create a positive atmosphere and provide great guest service.
- Preparing floor charts for service, handling check outs, petty cash, collecting sales report information, and writing end of shift wrap-up e-mails.
- Interacting with guests regularly and treating each table as if it were your own.
- Lending a hand to the service staff by actively running food, filling waters, and assisting where hands are needed.
- Reporting incidents or negative guest experiences to the appropriate management staff.
- Upholding the notion that the guest comes first.
Social Media Coordination – Being an asset in the manager’s office and overseeing all aspects of RED’s social media & web presence. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for:
- Managing social media accounts including Facebook & Instagram
- Posting regularly and consistently on Instagram (2x daily) and Facebook (1x daily).
- Creating sponsored posts and analyzing data from these campaigns.
- Using Adobe Photoshop to create eye catching posts for social media.
- Graphic design – Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator in order to create web graphics, posters for events, or menu materials needed at RED.
- The ability to update minor changes to menus printed in-house.
- Use basic marketing techniques along with a sense of creativity to push specials, create promotions, keep guests engaged, etc.
- Update RED’s website supported by WordPress.
- Keeping menus, photos, events, and blog posts up to date.
- Creating fun blog posts that are informative for guests and viewers to read and share.
- Keeping up with reviews left by guests on Yelp, Facebook, Google, TripAdvisor, etc.Responding courteously to negative reviews so that guests feel acknowledged.
- Passing along reviews to management for assessment.
- Using Constant Contact to send out important updates via our mailing list (4-6x per year).
- Use CC to run and manage RED’s Annual Guest Survey, which is used to collect data to analyze what guests are looking for in a dining experience.
Along with these tasks, some minor HR work may be included, such as assisting the General Manager and Assistant GM with entering employee paperwork, processing and writing protocol, and other communication-based projects.
Minor office tasks may include:
- Helping order inventory for Front of House and Back of House.
- Maintaining an organized and clean office space.
- Keeping note of materials that are needed the office such as printer ink, paper, pens, materials, etc.
- Assisting owner Tanya Zhykharevich with day to day tasks as needed.
QUALITIES & ABILITIES
The right candidate for the Assistant Floor Manager & Social Media Coordinator will possess the following qualities and abilities:
- Several years of experience in the service industry either on a high service level, supervisory, and/or managerial level.
- A high school degree with further education in a related field is preferred, however, RED is willing to hire anyone who has the creative and leadership skills for this position as achieved through work experience.
- A creative eye and a passion for graphic design, media, food photography, and food in general.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and medium experience with Adobe InDesign.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Word and Excel, or the ability to navigate these programs efficiently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to articulate intents, goals, delegations, etc.
- The ability to learn quickly, listen and read for comprehension, and work efficiently.
- A sense of responsibility, genuine hospitality, and love of the service industry.
- The ability to spend multiple hours standing, moving, or walking the service floor.
- The ability to spend multiple hours seated at a desk and/or viewing screens.
- Patience, understanding, and compassion for others.
- Bilingual in Spanish speaking is a plus.
This position is salary based with benefits including health insurance, discounts, and more. The rate of salary depends on experience and needs. If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and three non-personal references, in .PDF format, to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
RED is an equal opportunity employer.